Naturally, my first app that I built using the MEAN stack was a todo list app.
This app can be accessed at https://nameless-harbor-94638.herokuapp.com/.
The following are some of the features of the app:
- Adding todo list items to specific days
- Displaying 5 days — by default, one in the past, and three in the future of the current day
- Highlighting the current day
- Dragging and dropping todo list items between days
- Scrolling through days using the arrow buttons
- Responsive design
- Finished todo items move to the bottom
- Edit todo items in place
Basically I tried to create the todo list app that I personally would want to use, and now that it is finished, I have begun using it to keep track of my learning and job search related tasks.
This was the first full-fledged application that I built using the MEAN stack, and I was pleased with how easy and quick it made development. In particular, the speed and efficiency of doing things with Angular is leaps and bounds ahead of the old way that I am used to doing things using jQuery. Writing http services with node and express is simple and intuitive, and adding features like drag and drop and the datepicker to Angular was simple, due to the robust ecosystem of modules that is available.
I am still working on coming up with ideas for my next app. I want to do something that involves calling upon 3rd-party APIs and incorporating the results, this time.